Starting a business
The steps to consider before operating a business in Canada.
1. Planning a business
We will assess your readiness, choosing a business structure, market research and writing a business plan.
2. Choosing a business name
Selecting a good name, checking if a name is taken, registering and protecting your business name.
3. We will Register your business with the government
Registering or incorporating your business, plus how to apply for a business number or tax account.
Before you register your business, you will need to know:
- We will choose where your main office will be located
- We will choose which other provinces and territories you plan to operate in
- We will choose your proposed business name
- We will choose the type of business that best suits your needs (see sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or co-operative for help determining which structure is right for you).
4. We will apply for business permits and licences
Permits and licences that you may need for your business from all three levels of government.
5. Getting business support and financing
National and regional business support, including financing for immigrant and aboriginal entrepreneurs.
For more information, please contact us via email@example.com